BE AT THE FOREFRONT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE EDUCATION
At DPA, you will empower Black and Brown students to have equitable access to 21st-century colleges and careers. You will be part of a school culture that seeks to innovate and finds creative ways to help students become problem-solvers and critical thinkers.
GROW AS A TEACHER AND LEARNER
At DPA, you will work with educators who will help you along your professional journey. You will have the support and training you need to reach your ambitious goals.
EXPERIENCE A WELCOMING CULTURE
At DPA, you will always feel known, loved, and respected. You will work in a community that is empathetic and affirming of your identity and culture.
JOIN A HIGH-PERFORMING TEAM
At DPA, teammates hold high expectations from themselves and for their fellow educators. You will be part of a small school community where colleagues support one another and strive for excellence.
DPA IS THE PLACE FOR YOU IF…
- You believe that ALL students are capable of incredible growth.
- You believe in learning as a process that includes challenges and successes.
- You have high empathy and high expectations for yourself and for your students.
- You are passionate about personal growth and love being coached and getting feedback.
- You thrive in an innovative environment that’s responsive to our community’s needs.
- You like to take initiative and bring new ideas to your team and classroom.
- You have at least two years of teaching experience in an urban education environment.
ENJOY EXCELLENT BENEFITS
We offer a competitive salary, top-tier benefits, generous PTO, and lots of opportunities for professional growth.
Salaries between $64,500 and $85,000 (depending on education and experience).
Choice medical, dental, and vision insurance
403(b) retirement plan
Lottery preference to children of DPA staff
Time for Rejuvenation & Family Support
Paid time off plus 24 school closure and adult wellness days and 6 weeks of summer vacation days per year
Professional Resources & Growth
Staff development time specifically focused on health and wellness
Classrooms with all necessary supplies and 1:1 student Chromebooks
Learn more about DPA’s school culture by speaking with our Founder and CEO, Mashea Ashton.
Observe student learning, meet staff and students, and learn about our approach to teaching.
Send us three background references (including a current or former supervisor) so we can learn more about you and make an offer.
We will send you an offer letter and welcome packet.