The Director of College will lead our College and Career Office, and holds responsibility for ensuring all of our scholars matriculate to and find success in their chosen college and career paths. The Director of College will promote the mission of DPA with a college and career counseling program that will develop student knowledge, skills, and character. It is the ultimate goal of the office, through guidance and education, that all scholars are accepted to post-secondary institutions.
At DPA, we operate as a team with one mission. We attract leaders with a successful track record of developing authentic relationships with scholars, families and professional peers. With a collective mission to develop the next generation of innovators, our teachers will develop ours scholars to not only consume, but create the digital economy.
- Build and lead DPA’s College and Career Office and counseling team
- Guide families and scholars through the college application process, including the SAT/ACT testing process.
- Plan specific events for families to learn more information about the college selection process.
- Plan and lead college visits for high school students
- Guide students through the college applications process with the goal of helping students to identify and pursue the most appropriate post-secondary pathway
- Complete all clerical tasks associated with above responsibilities (filing, copying, data entry, etc.)
- Provide weekly office hours where families and scholars can ask questions and receive guidance on the college application process
- Teach College Seminar courses
- Supporting scholars and families with applications for need-based and merit-based financial aid and scholarships
- Coordinating on-campus and off-campus recruitment opportunities including hosting admissions recruiters during the senior fall
- 100% of graduating scholars accepted and matriculate to post-secondary institutions
- Effective communication with scholars, families, and colleagues
- Strong content knowledge
- Strong organizational skills with extremely careful attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Three or more years of relevant college counseling or leadership experience in a school setting
- Experience driving results results in an urban public school setting
- Experience managing and developing a small team
- Belief in and alignment with Digital Pioneers Academy’s core mission and educational philosophy
- Evidence of self-motivation, diligence and willingness to be a team player
- Strong interpersonal skills and high moral character
- Experience with Naviance, SCOIR, Common Application, Coalition Application, Questbridge, College Board, FAFSA and other college admissions and financial aid related software and application systems
Digital Pioneers Academy offers a highly competitive salary based on education and experience.
Digital Pioneers also offers an excellent and comprehensive benefits package for all full-time staff.