The DCI will be a key member of the leadership team, working in partnership with the CEO and school principals to ensure scholars at DPA achieve the mission of developing the next generation of innovators. The DCI is responsible for all academic goals in the school, ongoing development, implementation, and assessment of DPA’s school’s curriculum.
At DPA, we operate as a team with one mission. We attract leaders in teaching with a successful track record of developing authentic relationships with scholars, families and professional peers. With a collective mission to develop the next generation of innovators, our teachers will develop ours scholars to not only consume, but create the digital economy.
Academic Goals & Curriculum: ensure every scholar meets or exceeds the highest academic standards and is on the path to college and career success.
- Ensure all scholars are meeting annual student progress and student achievement goals, including; PARCC performance, MAP, projects, and interim assessments;
- Lead the Special Populations Coordinator to ensure all scholars with 504s, IEPs, and in the RTI process are on track for college success or their most rigorous post-secondary outcome;
- Develop and refine curriculum scope and sequence in alignment with educational standards and objectives as well as scientifically-based benchmarks, utilizing data analysis to inform instructional strategies and improve student outcomes;
- Document and communicate scope and sequence for each grade level, monitoring grade-level progress;
- Participate in the design and implementation of systems to assess student achievement;
- Generate and manage standardized tests and internal assessment schedules, logistics, and reporting;
- Ensure testing administration is executed with precision and security;
- Evaluate, approve, and purchase curricular materials.
Teacher Coaching and Professional Development: Do whatever it takes to ensure teachers are successful.
- Ensure all teachers receive weekly observations and engage in weekly coaching meetings with principals and CEO. Coach teachers across content areas, across experience levels, and needs, from curriculum to lesson planning, rigor, execution, behavior management, classroom culture, etc;
- Utilize the highest leverage coaching tools,including but not limited to: real time coaching, debriefing with teachers, co-planning lessons, lesson plan review, and data meetings;
- Norm the bar for excellent teaching based on academic data (daily exit ticket data, unit and interim assessment data) and observational data, using the DPA Instructional Management Tools;
- Manage performance of the team through ongoing staff-wide professional development, all staff meetings, and individual meetings with the team. Identify trends across classrooms at DPA and plan and execute professional development sessions to target key growth areas. Hold teachers and coaches accountable for improvement across all teachers;
- Coordinate DPA’s summer staff orientation and curriculum development period;
- Support teachers in non-classroom skills needed to be successful: time management, organization, self-awareness, and self-management. Support teachers in the emotional currents of joining a start-up school.
Team Leadership: Lead the school team in every way alongside the CEO and Principals.
- Demonstrate a relentless drive to improve the minds and lives of students in and out of school;
- Orient the team at the beginning of the year and on an ongoing basis through the following best practices: lesson planning, data driven instruction, and assessment design;
- Collaborate with CEO, Principals, Deans and other team members to maximize the ability of DPA to support students’ academic and socio-emotional development;
- Build strong relationships with the Leadership Team, the whole team, and each individual staff member founded on candor, excellence, accountability, and integrity;
- Recognize, regularly, the work of individuals and of the team to drive performance and create a positive team culture;
- Work with the leadership team to assess trends throughout the school; create and execute plans for improvement;
- Utilize influential leadership skills and capabilities to enhance and optimize all facets of the school requiring attention or opportunities for improvement;
- Approach all conversations with honesty and transparency with the leadership team;
Data Driven Instructional Leadership: Ensure all teachers meet their interim assessment and end of year goals.
- Ensure daily exit ticket data is being used and acted on daily by the teaching team;
- Provide individual coaching and support to teachers as needed to improve their data driven instruction;
- Use school-wide academic data to make decisions about where to focus instructional coaching, how to spend instructional time, what shifts DPA should make to the schedule, and what gaps DPA needs to fill to ensure we achieve college success for all;
- Ensure that every scholar’s class meets them where they are academically and pushes them towards college and career success.
- Effective communication with scholars, families, and colleagues
- Experience and interest in writing curriculum
- Experience driving students toward exceptional academic results in an urban public school setting
- Experience providing feedback and coaching teachers toward strong, data-supported results
- Strong content knowledge
- Strong teaching skills in the classroom
- Strong organizational skills with extremely careful attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Two or more years of leadership experience in a school setting;
- Proven track-record of high achievement in the classroom;
- Experience driving students toward exceptional academic results in an urban public school setting;
- Experience providing feedback and coaching teachers toward strong, data-supported results;
- Evidence of self-motivation, diligence, and willingness to be a team player;
- Strong interpersonal skills and high moral character;
- Bachelor’s degree with an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership is required; Master’s degree is preferred;
- Belief in and alignment with Digital Pioneers Academy’s core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable.
Digital Pioneers Academy offers a highly competitive salary based on education and experience.
Digital Pioneers also offers an excellent and comprehensive benefits package for all full-time staff.