The Director of Talent will lead talent strategy and operations for Digital Pioneers Academy across our middle and high school campuses. This team member will build, cultivate and develop a team that ensures all DPA scholars meet the highest academic and behavior standards. We are committed to creating a community where every scholar and adult feels known, loved and respected.
At DPA, we operate as a team with one mission. We attract leaders in teaching with a successful track record of developing authentic relationships with scholars, families and professional peers. With a collective mission to develop the next generation of innovators, our teachers will develop ours scholars to not only consume, but create the digital economy.
- Lead strategic initiatives to support goals related to talent acquisition (e.g. increase diversity of talent pipeline), talent development, retention, and culture
- Develop new and improve upon current systems and strategies for attracting, selecting, and hiring the best teachers and staff
- Lead and execute the hiring and onboarding processes for all new DPA staff
- Support the CEO and principals with the development, implementation, and improvement of performance management systems and processes, starting with teachers, and proceeding to non-instructional school-based roles to ensure that staff understand what is expected of them and regularly receive feedback on how they’re performing
- Maintain programs that promote positive adult culture, including high employee morale and low employee turnover
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Knowledge of legal rules and guidelines in education
- Demonstrated passion for improving educational outcomes
- Demonstrates working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Comfortable with technology; moderate to advanced skills in navigating computer hardware and software
- Understanding of the nuances of urban school environments and school culture
- Problem solver and results-oriented
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- BA/BS required
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience required, with 8 years preferred
- Prior school or education reform experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to deliver against high standards under tight deadlines and to be flexible in shifting priorities according to school needs
- Managerial experience preferred
- Belief in and alignment with Digital Pioneers Academy’s core mission and educational philosophy
- Evidence of self-motivation, diligence and willingness to be a team player
- Strong interpersonal skills and high moral character
Digital Pioneers Academy offers a highly competitive salary based on education and experience.
Digital Pioneers also offers an excellent and comprehensive benefits package for all full-time staff.