A successful Digital Pioneers Academy High School Math Teacher will ensure that all DPA scholars meet the highest academic and behavior standards. We are committed to creating a community where every scholar and adult feels known, loved and respected. Teachers’ investment in building culture and character will prepare scholars to lead productive lives meeting the demands of the post-secondary arena and job market.
Teachers at DPA believe that all scholars can achieve at high levels. Teachers hold primary responsibility for implementation of Digital Pioneers Academy’s curriculum, creating corresponding experiences, and ensuring the success of its scholars. Teachers provide rigorous educational experiences to propel scholar intellectual growth and mastery of learning standards.
At DPA, we operate as a team with one mission. We attract leaders in teaching with a successful track record of developing authentic relationships with scholars, families and professional peers. With a collective mission to develop the next generation of innovators, our teachers will develop ours scholars to not only consume, but create the digital economy.
Our high school teachers are results oriented and strive to improve the minds and lives of scholars in and out of the classroom by:
- Implementing curricula and activities to meet academic standards and push the rigor of the content
- Driving academic outcomes by analyzing scholar work and data, and implementing high leverage instructional moves to ensure dramatic gains for all scholars
- Developing strong relationships with parents and scholars, creating investment in school culture and academics
- Designing assessments that measure progress towards academic standards
- Using assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices
- Participating in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions
- Collaborating with grade level teachers to create consistent structures and systems for your shared cohort of scholars
- Serving as an advisor to a small group of scholars
- Effectively communicate with scholars, families, and colleagues
- Cultivate a classroom environment in which scholars express a love for learning
- Motivate scholars to think critically and take ownership over their own learning
- Orchestrate innovative problem solving through multiple representations, meaningful discourse, and productive struggle
- Provide consistent rewards and/or consequences for scholar behavior
- Be accountable for scholars’ mastery of academic standards
- Collaborate with colleagues and school leaders to receive targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction
- Minimum of two years teaching experience in an urban public or charter school setting
- Strong content knowledge for high school subject
- Bachelor’s degree with an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership is required; Master’s degree is preferred
- Belief in and alignment with Digital Pioneers Academy’s core mission and educational philosophy
- Evidence of self-motivation, diligence and willingness to be a team player
- Strong interpersonal skills and high moral character
Digital Pioneers Academy offers a highly competitive salary based on education and experience. Teachers generally make between $64,500 and $85,000 per year. Digital Pioneers also offers an excellent and comprehensive benefits package for all full-time staff.