As a senior member of the school leadership team, the Managing Director of Operations (MDO) will be responsible for overseeing daily operations for DPA’s two campuses and establishing operational excellence. We are looking for a strategic leader who has a proven track record of success in optimizing processes and systems for organizational excellence and is dedicated to advancing DPA’s mission and culture of achievement. The MDO will collaborate closely with DPA’s school leadership and operations team members, as well as external vendors, partners, and other stakeholders.
At DPA, we operate as a team with one mission. We attract leaders with a successful track record of developing authentic relationships with scholars, families and professional peers. With a collective mission to develop the next generation of innovators, our teachers will develop ours scholars to not only consume, but create the digital economy.
- Managing two campus-level Director of Operations who oversee teams of 2-3 operations professionals at their respective campuses
- Overseeing all operational components including daily systems, health and safety protocols, school wide events, family communications, student data collection, technology, facilities, finances, and inventory management
- Developing, codifying, and ensuring continuous improvement and awareness of all operational policies, procedures, and communications within the school community
- Ensuring compliance with DC and federal charter school requirements to ensure reporting deadlines are met and DPA remains in good standing
- Managing all school-based finances including budgeting, accounts payable/receivable, financial analysis and reporting to ensure fiscal solvency
- Overseeing all vendor relationships and functions including contract negotiations, procurement, and service delivery
- Establishing and enforcing all school safety guidelines including security, emergency planning, and crisis management processes
- Overseeing all functions related to facility planning including lease negotiations, capital improvements, and design aesthetics to ensure the environment is optimized for learning
- Lead a high performing team that oversees and manages:
- Stakeholder support satisfaction
- Enrollment, attendance & data management compliance
- Facilities (safety and security, custodial)
- Financial leadership
- Food services and vendor relations
- Main office management
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 3 years of relevant experience managing operations in a dynamic, complex environment; experience in school-based operations a plus
- Strong project manager with keen attention to detail; resourceful problem-solver who can foresee and preempt issues
- Customer service-oriented leader with exceptionally high standards, a sense of urgency, and a demonstrated ability to manage and develop a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to engage with diverse stakeholders including scholars, parents, and colleagues
- Proficiency with MS Office and project management software; moderate to advanced technology skills
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operations metrics
- Familiarity with public education-related finance and accounting principles a plus
- Extensive vendor management experience a plus
- Belief in and alignment with Digital Pioneers Academy’s core mission and educational philosophy
- Evidence of self-motivation, diligence and willingness to be a team player
- Strong interpersonal skills and high moral character
Digital Pioneers Academy offers a highly competitive salary based on education and experience.
Digital Pioneers also offers an excellent and comprehensive benefits package for all full-time staff.