The Special Assistant will work closely with the CEO on all aspects of her role at DPA. The role is part management and part administrative assistance. In addition to reporting to the CEO, the Special Assistant will work closely with the Board of Directors and a team of consultants.
This position is a unique opportunity to get in at the ground floor at an innovative educational institution. We are looking for a dynamic individual with a passion for improving educational outcomes, and a desire to be at the center of running a fast-paced, ambitious organization. The ideal candidate will be interested in pursuing a long term career in education, and motivated to use this position to pursue senior leadership roles as DPA grows.
At DPA, we operate as a team with one mission. We attract leaders with a successful track record of developing authentic relationships with scholars, families and professional peers. With a collective mission to develop the next generation of innovators, our teachers will develop ours scholars to not only consume, but create the digital economy.
- Function as a point of contact and liaison with executive team, staff, and partners/constituents
- Assist CEO with board and community meeting preparation; prepare monthly updates
- Manage the CEO’s calendar, daily phone and email communication on her behalf with both internal and external parties, as well as provide all related administrative support
- Demonstrate an awareness of time management and prioritize accordingly in order to save the CEO as much time as possible.
- Take on individual projects as assigned by the CEO to support organizational growth and goals
- Set up special events, manage logistics, and follow up for school events for which the CEO is responsible, including board meetings
- Other related duties as assigned
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and effectively handle multiple priorities with tight deadlines
- Highly resourceful, flexible, proactive, and efficient
- Self starter looking to gain long term experience in the education sector
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, work independently and work well under pressure
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Adept at using a number of platforms, including but not limited to G-Suite, Mailchimp, and Squarespace
- Thorough understanding of US education landscape and knowledge of key educational reform institutions
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in education
- Minimum 1- 2 years experience working in operations and/or administrative support
- Experience working with education preferred
- Belief in and alignment with Digital Pioneers Academy’s core mission and educational philosophy
- Evidence of self-motivation, diligence and willingness to be a team player
- Strong interpersonal skills and high moral character
Digital Pioneers Academy offers a highly competitive salary based on education and experience.
Digital Pioneers also offers an excellent and comprehensive benefits package for all full-time staff.